Bethia was the daughter of John Emery, Jr. And Mary (Webster) Emery, of Newbury. Sergeant John Emery, Jr. Came to Newbury in 1635; married Mary Webster, daughter of John and Mary (Shatswell) Webster, October 24 1648; was selectman 1670-73; juror 1675-76; tithing-man in 1679; owned eighty acres of land at Artichoke or Raspberry River, of which half was given him by his father. Emery's Mill was on the site now known as Curzon's Mills at Newburyport. Emery was admitted a freeman May 30, 1660; his wife died 3 Feb 1709.
[Return to The Bodwell Family Home Page]Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org December 26,1996